Wednesday, October 17, 2007

So What Happened?

I know one or two of you may be wondering what happened at drop-off tonight.

Absolutely nothing...wheww! Relief.

She just drove away. Didn't even come out of the car.

But, of course, my stepson can never have a visit with her without sharing with us at least one "motherly" moment that he recalls from the evening.

When my stepson walked through the door, the first thing I had to ask him is if he is hungry. He said he was.

I asked him if he ate dinner and he said, "Well, my mom made this chicken stuff and she only gave me one ladle full of it."

I asked, "Did you ask her for more to eat?"

He said, "No, because she ate the rest of it. She wouldn't give me any more than the one ladle. She wanted to eat the rest of it."

Sad, isn't it? And that happens at least every other week when he visits on the weekday.

It's like she lives in a third world country and must hoard food. God forbid she feeds the children first!

There have been times when we would have to drop our stepson off at her work and we would buy him some fast food to eat because we know she won't make it a point to feed him.

Well, the one time we bought him food and he brought it to her work, he told us that he didn't even get to eat the food because she took it from him and ate it. He said that she was really hungry and had to eat.

She works at a place that provides her with free food whenever she wants (no, she doesn't work in fast food...she should consider it, though) and she has to eat his??

No comments: