Friday, October 5, 2007

Ugh

OK, I'm going to say it again. My stepson is really lazy. He couldn't care less about anything.

We made up a chore chart and he does none of them. We don't tie them to an allowance because we believe that as a member of the household, he is required to help out and not expect a monetary reward.

I don't think I've ever seen a dime for cleaning dirty underwear. OK, I take that back. I do find a couple of dimes in the dryer every few months. That must be my payment from the laundry fairy for doing my chores. But then again, I find cigarette butts in the dryer every few weeks. Yum.

He does get a monetary reward, however, if he goes above and beyond his daily chores, like helping to rake the leaves or volunteering to vacuum more than his bedroom.

Today I noticed that my stepson had not completed most of the chores for the week. I told him for each day next week that he doesn't complete his chores, we will take something away, such as TV time.

That's about all we can take away. He doesn't play with toys or anything. Even if he didn't watch TV, he would just situate himself upside down on the couch and stare at the ceiling fan, pretending he is actually trying to figure something out.

What to do...

No comments: