Tuesday, November 13, 2007

All Is Silent

It's been awhile since I wrote...I just haven't had the opportunity lately. My younger son was really sick for over a week and blogging was the last thing on my mind.

Birth mom has been quiet.

However, we seemed to have hit the lottery because we found out last week that she changed the billing address at stepson's old doctor's office to one of her many addresses and now we have 4 outstanding balances that have gone to a collection agency!

And just take a guess when these bills were from...ummm...1999 and 2002!! Completely unbelievable.

My husband used to hold my SS under his medical insurance (I do now). Before the whole custody change, birth mom used to take SS to a nurse practitioner every other week, just to talk to her and pretend like SS had some issue.

I honestly think she suffers from Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome because she would take him in and tell the nurse practitioner (she wouldn't even try to see the doctor!) her "whoa is me" story about how my husband left her and how she is a single mother who is the only one willing to take her son to the doctor.

We believe that she tried to convince the nurse practitioner that SS was suffering from "issues" due to the fact that he saw my husband every other week.

Please note that my husband would also take SS to the doctor, but ONLY WHEN HE WAS SICK!

Well, everything changed after the custody change. It was written in the custody agreement that my husband would be the one to choose all SS's doctors, which pissed off birth mom to the extreme. She said it wasn't fair, but SS was now living with us and his new pal, the nurse practitioner, had an office 20 miles away from our house. Sure, I feel like driving a sick kid 20 miles to the doctor when we have one 2 miles away.

She made the argument that she was the only one who cared enough to take SS to the doctor, but my husband showed the attorneys that he also took SS to the doctor, but only when he was sick. He also showed how often she took him and that he had no illness the majority of times she took him.

Needless to say, we have to pay off these 4 outstanding balances. My husband confronted birth mom last week over the phone and asked why she changed addresses on the account and why she didn't tell him about the bills.

She said, "How do you know I was even the one to take him?"

My husband said, "Because the hospital has the office records and told me that I was not the person who took him for the visits. They also told me all the bills went to your old addresses and they never received any reply from you."

She said, "Oh. Well, I need to eat dinner. Bye."

For the 10,234th time...what a piece of work.

2 comments:

Ritch in Love said...

oh my. I totally relate to the unpaid bill situation. My husbands X tried to take her son to a social worker to try to get him to say bad things about me to use against us in court during a custody battle. the office told us when we went in to retrieve the file on my ss that he no longer came to see her. the therapist told us as soon as the x was told that she was the who needed to change and that she was the one causing her son emotional stress she stopped going. leaving the therapists office with a $200 past due bill. this was about a year and a half ago. it still hasn't been paid. oh and it gets better with the past due crap. when they divorced she got the house and was supposed to take his name off of the house. well she never did. 7 years later we went to buy a house and found out we couldn't because there was a lien against property he owned in TX. WHAT? yeah, she had a car repossessed and they put a lien on the house. we had to take her to court to force her to refinance the house to get my husbands name off. and his credit is now shot! i'm pissed!

Syn said...

Sorry to hear you are going thru this. We've been there with the unpaid bills we knew nothing about, going to collection, being sent to bm's address, in my husband's name!! Talk about one irritated stepmother! Oh heck, everything she says and does just irritates me, it's just so out there, hostile, and alienating. Good luck to you!

Syn
www.lifeofsyn.com
http://forums.delphiforums.com/stepsanctuary/start